Saturday 7 April 2012

DVD and Blu Update (25/03/2012 - 07/04/2012)


Welcome to another of my regular DVD updates, since I'm planning on the Bad Movie Beatdown there is actually a couple of titles I brought just especially for that so there will some fresh films to watch there, so anywhere on with the update

The Iron Giant - One of the best non Disney/Pixar animated movies of maybe that last 25 years. Based on a book I had to read in Primary School and loved by Ted Hughes (over here it was called The Iron Man and had nothing to do with Tony Stark).

Outside The Law

Bottoms Up - Like I said at the start about Bad Movies, this was purposely brought because it stars Paris Hilton.

City Of Life and Death
Coming Home
Gran Torino
The Railway Children
Pure

The Karate Kid (2010) - Blu Ray buy costing the grand total of £2.00 brand new, haven't put it in yet but I am fan of the original in all it's 80s glory. If you would have asked me in the early 90s when I first came familiar with Jackie's output that he would one day be playing Mr. Miyagi in a remake I would of thought of it unreal.

The Longest Yard (1974) - I've only ever seen the 2005 remake (which Burt Reynolds is also in) and seen a little bit of the Vinnie Jones Brit remake (Mean Machine - which was the original title for this over here)

Four Lions - file under #I really should have owned it before now.

Storm Of The Century
Midnight Man
Reno 911! Miami - The Movie

Slither - Slither came out close to the same time as Snakes On The Plane, and while I didn't totally hate SOAP, I did feel like it wasn't as close to the b-movie fun it could have been and the reason I mention it here is because Slither was the sort of b-movie fun that sneaked out.

Alligator / Alligator 2

Christmas With The Kranks - The Christmas movie with a confused mixed message - I think the lesson is  conform or something - The Kranks are a couple (Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis) whose adult daughter is not going to be here this Christmas so they decide not to celebrate it this year and even go on a cruise, the neighbours - who are never treat like the bad guys - don't like this as the Kranks aren't putting any decorations up this year, but you guessed about two thirds of the way through the daughter is actually going to be coming back and what happens is a mad rush. Actually based on the novel by John Grisham.

Face Value
Pride & Prejudice / Shakespeare In Love
The Falcon and The Snowman
A Kiss Before Dying
Metro
A Cry In The Dark

Showdown In Little Tokyo - and now thanks to my Bro I've got all the Brandon Lee films, and I collect Dolph Lundgren so it's great to add to my collection.

Life On Mars Series 1
Life On Mars Series 2 - BBC did a lot of excellent drama in the 2000s which I'm EXTREMELY happy getting stuff is more regular occurance for me lately, Blackpool and Doctor Who have been added very recently and now this has been added.

Catch you in twwwwwwwwwwwwwwwo weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment