Sunday 15 January 2012

DVD and Blu Ray Update (26/12/11 - 14/01/12)

Hey peepz, a three week-ish length update which is probably about the size of any of my typical because I didn't buy quite as much on days that I normally would, there is still some cool stuff I brought though, so lets get on with it.

WWE Summerslam 2011 - it's actually quite rare for me to get a WWE PPV DVD within the year it was released (I got this on the 27th so it's just barely) and I haven't had much chance to see a lot of what the WWE is offering have since I got rid of Sky (2007 or 08 I think) but I keep update with results and news, so seeing this, actually gets me a chance to witness any of the feuds of the year first hand for the first time. CM Punk rules so it's good to see him have a big impact here.

The Social Network - really enjoyed it, David Fincher is a director I really enjoy and just liked the tone of the story, it was good to see Rashida Jones and Brenda Song (miles away from London Tipton) in supporting roles, I liked the idea how Mark Zuckerburg loses everybody by the end of his movie and that's his loss.

Jimmy Carr - Being Funny - and he is being funny, the problem is, this is my third live Jimmy Carr DVD I own now and they all merge into one, moreso then any other comedian I own multiple live DVDs of, still funny though, one of the highlights is the heckling section.

Grown Ups - aka Adam Sandler and Friends chill out in a cabin, you know if Chris Farley was alive he would be playing the Kevin James role. There is a lot of good banter between the main actors but it just feels like that - filmed banter - which is like anybody with their mates it probably wouldn't make the best film.

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World - Blu Ray buy, a film that visually just hit all the right notes for me even if there is something lacking - maybe it's combing multiple issues of the Scott Pilgrim stories into one movie. Overall it's not bad though.

Bridesmaids - for my money the best film from 2011 I have seen so far. It's funny and it's got a story that I liked. I thought Kristen Wiig was great in the lead, my only problem was the trailer was a bit misleading I thought it would be more of an ensemble and Ellie Kemper despite been one of those on the front cover does get a bit sidelined.

Three Kings - David O. Russell is by all accounts of it a full on PROPER DICK, even getting into an actual fight on the set of this movie with George Clooney, when he was berating extras (also check out Russell's full on screaming match with Lily Tomlin on the set of I Heart Huckabees), but going back to what my point is at his work is better then many, Three Kings (is third film) is probably still his best.

The Bodyguard

As Good As It Gets - Jack Nicholson shines very, very well and the film highlights come thanks to him, Helen Hunt just doesn't do it for me in this movie, she is actually fairly weak (maybe I'm saying this because I'm just not a fan).

Switching Parents
Logan's War
Little Miss Sunshine
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
The Gauntlet
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
The Inbetweeners Movie
Assassins
Avenging Angelo
Seems Like Old Times
Oz Season 1
Panic Room: Special Edition
Maniac Cop 2
The Lost Continent
One Million Years, B.C.
The Quartermass Experiment
My Blueberry Nights
Nobel Son
Greedy
Shade

See you all really soooooooon...

No comments:

Post a Comment