Monday 30 January 2012

Top 5 Women Of January 2012

Top 5 women of January 2012, I did a 2011 one to cover the full year the back end of last year, and now I'm doing it a monthly as a top five, these totals maybe contribute to an end of year thing but that's not fully decided yet.

5 - Busy Philipps

Kim Kelly Is My Friend! - it was revisiting the amazing series Freaks and Geeks that put Busy on my mind (Linda Cardellini nearly made the list). As Kim Kelly she was awesome, that is why she gets an easy place on my list. She is the best thing to me on an amazing show (and was the best thing when she joined Dawson's Creek), I would like to see more Cougar Town (I've only had the chance to see a couple of episodes.

Though I've seen very little of her film work, at least one of them is literally the worst film ever made - The Smokers - which is just... (put your own word for excrement here).

Recommend You To Check Out - Freaks and Geeks, like I've already said is an amazing piece of work. Undeclared, which as a lot of the F&G team working on it is also worth checking out and she appears in a few episodes.


4 - Harley Quinn

I never stated any rules to what qualifies as one of the top 5 women so Joker's crazy sidekick Harley Quinn, who was first created for Batman - The Animated Series and I've been watching a lot of this series, Harley (voiced by Arleen Sorkin) is such a brilliant woman.

She is probably the main female character in TAS who I want to show up, when I'm watching an episode.

3 - Charlyne Yi

I wrote that Paper Heart (which she wrote and starred in) could have been better but worked thanks to her adorableness, I find it unfair a lot people criticize her for been ugly, which I don't know where they get it from, she's not Hollywood like but she ain't ugly by any stretch of the imagination.

2 - Tina Fey

Been watching a lot of 30 Rock this past month and Tina Fey (who lost out to Amy Poehler in last year's overall list beats Poehler so far on points). What works with Fey's role as Liz Lemon is her lack of fear in how the character is portrayed.

1 - Kristen Bell

Was it any doubt KB would be number one? I see her been the early front runner for the overall year list and a very likely winner as far as it stands. She gets number one this month thanks to me watching a lot her excellent interaction with Craig Ferguson (and Geoff), them two really have fantastic chemistry.

It will be exciting to look who might potentially join the list.







To make it a top 10... here are the women who just made the list (and will count towards the final total year list)

10 - Maggie Grace - Taken is brilliant / 9 - Jane Krakowski - 30 Rock goodness / 8 - Famke Janssen - as the  absolute best moment in I-Spy and was also in Taken  / 7 - Linda Cardellini - F&G girl  / 6 - Sally Phillips - great in the first series of I'm Alan Partridge and was watching the 8 Out Of 10 Cats DVD and she was bloody hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment