Saturday 14 July 2012

DVD and Blu Ray Update (01/07/12 - 14/07/12)


Welcome to the DVD Update, which is pretty much the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of me doing the first ever DVD Update, a lot as changed in the last year in my real life, a lot for the better.

Jumpin' Jack Flash - for as many DVDs I own that feature Whoopi Goldberg, this is her first lead comedy that she stars in that I own.

South Park Season 5 - a season that includes the very dark Scott Tenorman Must Die, aswell as Cripple Fight is pretty awesome in my book.

Coupling Series 1 - I'm surprised I never had any of this on DVD until now cause I found it was enjoyable when it was one and the series is often very cheap to get the different series on DVD.

Masquerade
Basket Case

Fury - Fury as the honour of been the first film made in 2012 that I own in 2012.

Three Amigos

Unknown
The Addiction
Return From The River Kwai
Gattaca
The American President

Rat Race / Thunderpants / Black Knight - I have only seen Rat Race of the three films, it's like It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and The Cannonball Run films only it doesn't have the same affection I've had for them.

Men Of War
The Defender
Kaiji - The Ultimate Gambler
Ong Bak 3
Gorillas In The Mist
The Magnificent Seven Ride

BASEketball - funny movie, I prefer this to Orgazmo (the other live action film with Trey Parker and Matt Stone I've seen). Any film where Ernest Borgnine sings I'm Too Sexy is alright in my book.

True Crime

The James Dean Story / The Bells Of Cockaigne - as much as I like James Dean's (short) career, my main reason for getting this was the fact that The James Dean Story is an early work directed by one of the greatest directors of all time Robert Altman.

The Mask Of Zorro / The Legend Of Zorro

It's Complicated - Nancy Meyers continues to make films I enjoy but are never amazing. I did like the central relationship in the movie

Multiplicity - Michael Keaton these days I don't think gets the due his deserved as a performer, this is not a great movie but it works thanks to his charms.

Wild In The Country
The Glass Bottom Boat
Salem's Lot (2004)

The Song Of Bernadette - what is most intriguing to me is Vincent Price in a co-starring role, I have only ever seen him in horror or a film with a fantasy element.

Boomerang
The Kids Are All Alright
Cheech and Chong's The Coriscan Brothers
Starter For 10
Changing Lanes
Up In Smoke
Nixon
Jude

World's Greatest Dad - Bobcat Goldthwait, is a director I wanna hunt out all his films that he has directed.

The Russia House

Soul Men - two of it's actors (Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes) passed away before it's release.

Fred Astaire Collection - four films, the one with the most interest to me was Finian's Rainbow, which is directed by Francis Ford Coppola (pre-Godfather).

30 Rock Season 4 - even as far into this series 30 Rock is as good as it as ever been.

May - cool little horror film with standout role for Angela Bettis in the title role, brilliantly walking the line between cute and creepy.

Bees In Paradise
Band Waggon

Shaft (2000) - King of Cool Samuel L. Jackson is the title shaft not as cool as Richard Roundtree who played Shaft in the original movies (Jackson is not technically playing the same character here he is playing the nephew of the original John Shaft, Roundtree even appears).

Retreat - this is a Blu Ray buy of a film I am not that familiar with, I like the actors who are in it enough particularly Cillian Murphy.

American History X - another Blu Ray buy this fortnight. I like this film but I find it very imperfect.

The Taking Of Pelham 123 (2009) - I really liked the original but I'm not holding up hope for this remake to be the same quality. Another Blu Ray buy.

The Experiment - yes this update is ending with a run of Blu Rays, I'm not massively familiar with this movie but I'm aware of the event that inspired this movie.

That's it for this update see you in about two weeks dudes and dudettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment