Sunday 8 July 2012

The Worst Films I've Seen At The Cinema

As it says in the title post, these are the films I feel like I had the misfortune of seeing on the big screen and as I have never walked out of a film, get to see all of it in it's glory.

Godzilla (1998)

As a 13 year in the summer of 1996, I went to see Independence Day, not once, not twice but three times at the cinema, the film really excited 13 year old me, so I was looking forward to seeing what they would come up with next.

Psycho (1998)
Planet Of The Apes (2001)

This is the film that probably killed my interest in the NEW TIM BURTON FILM, I haven't been excited by what he's coming up with ever since. Remaking a bonafide classic as proved before and since to be a really hard thing to do. I'm glad it was a misstep for Wahlberg as an actor though cause he's proved himself since.
40 Days and 40 Days (2002)

It's hard to feel sorry for a guy who just gets too much sex. This film was just never funny to me and more importantly I just couldn't get behind any of the characters - just about every character here is unrealistic from Josh Hartnett's main character to his co-workers (two of the female co-workers are clearly clearly written by a man).
Just Married (2003)

Sorry Brittany Murphy, I always had a lot of affection for you but this film was just incredibly woeful. Her and Ashton Kutcher (who I believe where dating IRL at the time) have zero chemistry and it seems to nick jokes wholesale from other movies (Meet The Parents, European Vacation etc), I was genuinely close to walking out of this movie but I paid my money so suffered through it.

Last few years I've only been to cinema I actually want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment