Saturday 30 June 2012

DVD n Blu Ray Update (17/06/2012 - 30/06/2012)

Hello, welcome to another update, let's get straight into things, there is a LOT of Hitchcock this update, John Wayne, Elvis and Clint Eastwood also appear more then a couple of times apiece.

The Age Of Innocence
Smart People
Gardens Of Stone

Something Wild - this film warped my fragile little mind when I was younger, the key memory was of Melanie Griffith getting her top off, perhaps she was the first nudity I saw of an actress I was familar of.

Action - Complete Series - originally done in 1999 this American network television show was probably just a bit too cynical and dark to ever last, I would say it was before it's time it's probably still too cyncical and dark to fly now.

The Nuttiest Nutcracker / Buster and Chauncey's Silent Night

Alfred Hitchcock - The Legend Begins - listing itself on the cover as 20 Hitchcock films (it's actually 18 films plus 2 episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents), it's bring together a cool collection of a lot of his British films going back to the silent era, which rather coolly includes The Lady Vanishes, The 39 Steps and The Man Who Knew Too Much among others, as it's a budget release it doesn't include crisp prints but they are still watchable. There is about 50 minutes of trailers as extras, which also covers is later output including the awesome trailers for The Birds and Psycho.

The Crying Game - like many films before and since, the twist ending as been talked about and imitated so much that it would be hard to watch this for the first timenot knowing the twist.

Herbie Rides Again
Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo

Maximum Overdrive - Stephen King stepped in front of the camera for the first... and last time with Maximum Overdrive and let's just say it's no Night Of The Hunter, I find some 80s charm in it though.

New York, I Love You
The Last Temptation Of Christ
Dolores Claiborne
Father Christmas
Firefox
To Catch A Thief

The Arena - 1970s Pam Grier was H.O.T.

Hang Em High

Failure To Launch - I only brought this because Zooey Deschanel as a supporting role in this movie, there really is honestly no other reason.

Kinsey - I really dug this movie and find more information about Alfred Kinsey, I think the guy did have a point about sexuality but that is for another time and blog post.

Two Mules For Sister Sara
Singles
National Lampoon's Senior Trip

The Proposition - replacing a DVD that went missing, possibly lent to somebody, possibly just took

Kramer vs Kramer

The Searchers - This is possibly my favourite John Wayne film.

Night Of The Living Dead (1990)
Driving Lessons
Girls! Girls! Girls

Jailhouse Rock - tthis is my favourite Elvis starring movie to me.

Mannequin
The A-Team
Red Riding Hood
Mr and Mrs. Smith (1941)
The Trouble With Harry

Foreign Correspondent - I pretty much wanted to get this film after watching the trailer, it just looked like it would be a great film.

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) - I prefer the 1934 version with Peter Lorre, but that doesn't mean I don't dislike this one.

Suspicion
Torn Curtain
The Diary Of Ellen Rimbauer

Spellbound (1945) - excellently acted and certainly a film before it's time.

The Paradine Case

John Wayne - The Tribute Collection - 25 of mostly the older John Wayne films without a couple post-50s that went into the public domain

Marnie
Shadow Of A Doubt
Family Plot
Topaz
Red River
King Creole

Drive Me Crazy - I found the leads appealing so it raised it to a little bit more then just watchable.

The Secret Of My Success

Sucker Punch - This I believe is my 19th Blu Ray buy. I went into this film not fully sure what to expect and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, maybe the hot & pretty girls helped.

The Tracey Fragments

That's it for this fortnight's update

No comments:

Post a Comment