Friday 29 June 2012

Top 15 Directors Who Appear In My Collection The Most (5-1)

Here's the final 5 directors, I may do the next one in a couple of months, maybe 3 months - 6 months at the most.
5 - Joe Dante (20)


I don't only consider Joe Dante one of the most under appreciated directors of all time but one of the my absolute favourite directors of all time.


Most Wanted - I own all his solo directing outings so I'm going with Twilight Zone - The Movie, which is quite high on my want list.
4 - Clint Eastwood (21)


He barely missed out on the actors countdown (2 short, sorry if that avoids later suspense fictional reader). Eastwood as an impressive resume as a director.


Most Wanted - speaking of directorial outings only The Eiger Sanction and Breezy.
3 - Steven Spielberg (24)


Certainly one of the most successful directors of all time.


Most Wanted - I mentioned Twilight Zone - The Movie below, so I will go with that aswell as Always.
2 - Gerald Thomas (31)


Two words got him into second place - CARRY ON - if it wasn't for Carry On he wouldn't be on the list at all, I own no other of his films (he did direct non Carry on stuff), he directed all the way from Sergeant to the ill-fated Columbus. I should also point out he was Hull born (my home town) so he's proud addition.


Most Wanted - I'm going for Nurse On Wheels, Twice Around The Daffodils and Watch Your Stern.
1 - Alfred Hitchcock (34)


The Master Of Suspense shoots straight into number one, a place he would of never have had only a few short weeks ago.


Most Wanted - The three I should own mostly are North By Northwest, Vertigo and Rear Window.


That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment