Saturday 16 June 2012

DVD Update (03/06/2012 - 16/06/2012)

Welcome to another DVD update, a bit of a bumper update thanks to the fact, that I managed to get a couple of DVDs that I already own and sold straight for profit (and replaced them with other DVDs) this fortnight.

Muppets Magic - a pound shop buy, without checking the box, I think all of these are from episodes of The Ed Sullivan Show, so a bunch of these (if not all) will predate Sesame Street.

Father Goose
Pollyanna

The Town That Cancelled Christmas - I'm on a kick of building up a library of Christmas DVDs, I put a little bit of this on, this could potentially be the worst Christmas film in my collection, but I will probably won't watch it properly until December to say otherwise.

Spies Like Us
Rivals
Pretty Smart
Where The Heart Is
How The West Was Won

Your Highness - it had some funny moments and the distraction of both Zooey Deschanel and Natalie Portman.

Rentadick
A Night At The Roxbury
I Am Omega
Shattered Trust
Roxanne

Young Bruce Lee (2010) - the sole Blu Ray of the update, which my brother got for me.

Spy Hard
Red Dawn
The Kingdom
Friday Night Lights
To Live For
Persuasion

Reposssessed - the jokes are not as subtle as Airplane or Naked Gun, but you find yourself laughing at some of them.

Churchill - The Hollywood Years
Alfie (1966)

Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen - Lindsay Lohan when she cute seems like such a distant memory now doesn't it, while her peak for me will always be (and always looks like it's gonna be aswell) Mean Girls, Confessions Of is a likeable enough teen comedy.

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
South Park Season 7

The Young Bruce Lee - This is completely unrelated to the Young Bruce Lee I got on Blu Ray a bit further up. This movie fits in that glorious genre called Bruceploitation, which I adore so much.

Dealers
Papillon
Mean Creek
Shutter Island
The Big Bounce (2004)
Be Cool
Alexander The Great
Cougar Town Season 1
The Mission
Miami Vice
Desperate Housewives Season 1

Friends Season 6 - so getting some Friends, aswell as Cougar Town this update, it's a bit of Courteney Cox on TV - Then and Now. I can get into watching Friends better again now Channel 4 and it's sister channel E4 are not hammering it to death.

Friends Season 8
The Last American Virgin

Mouth To Mouth - I didn't feel emotionally involved in the movie until the last 20 so minutes until it gripped me, so what I'm saying is I wish the rest of the movie grabbed me like that. Ellen Page is as always extremely watchable.

Bringing Out The Dead

Chopping Mall - the first part of the movie features cool cameos from Mary Woronov and Paul Bartel (reprising their Eating Raoul characters) and Dick Miller (reprising his Walter Paisley character), the rest of the film is a cool killer robots go on a rampage in a mall aswell a particurly cool scene of a head exploding.

Sleeping Dogs - or the infamous film where a woman recounts her story of giving a blowjob to her family dog which implodes her relationship with the guy in her life.

Crime and Punishment In Suburbia

Bad Girls From Valley High - it gets a bad overall rating from IMDB, but it's really not a terrible film, the three female leads Julie Benz, Nicole Bilderback and Monica Keena make it watchable, Christopher Lloyd though as an odd slapstick side story which gives the film an odd tone.

still got some outstanding buys from eBay on the way, so I'll add them (likely) in the next update

No comments:

Post a Comment