Friday 29 June 2012

Top 30 Actors Who Appear In My Collection The Most (10 -1)

And so we are at the Top 10 of actors.
10 - Danny DeVito (36)

Danny DeVito is an actor I enjoy but does feel like he sort of sneaked his way into the top 10.

Most Wanted - I'd go with Goin' South, Hoffa and The Rainmaker, from a TV point of view I'll go with both Taxi Season Four and Season Five.
9 - Alec Baldwin (36)


Alec Baldwin, - not to go to much on the SNL theme, but he is certainly one of the best friends of the show with many memorable hosting outings but also cast in 30 Rock.

Most Wanted - Top of the list is 30 Rock Season Four and Season Five. Movie wise I'd go with The Hunt For Red October, She's Having A Baby and Great Balls Of Fire.
8 - Jim Carrey (37)


I've known of Jim Carrey even before his big break into leading man status with Ace Ventura, this was thanks to his stint on In Living Color and the movies Earth Girls Are Easy and The Dead Pool.

Most Wanted - I guess A Christmas Carol because that's all I need of his recent stuff. Go back in time and say Copper Mountain aswell, he also as a small role in the Clint Eastwood movie Pink Cadillac.
7 - John Wayne (38)

It's not always cool to enjoy John Wayne. Okay some of his performances might be a bit iffy and in some cases he's just playing  a very similar character

John Wayne could be a future number one on the list just by the sheer number of films he's done and that are available, and there still quite a few of his works that are genuiene must haves.

Most Wanted - The first few films that come to mind are The Quiet Man, They Were Expendable and The Green Berets.
6 - Dick Miller (39)

The legend that is Dick Miller - a favourite of Roger Corman and Joe Dante, it wasn't a shock to me he would get so high on the list because I just love the guy and clearly a lot of directors do too.

Most Wanted - One of his rare starring roles A Bucket Of Blood. Some other wants are the 1993 movie Shake, Rattle and Rock, others include Motorama, Dead Heat, Twilight Zone - The Movie, I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Project X.
5 - Adam Sandler (40)

Another SNL alumni. I think (most) Adam Sandler movies have a Marmite effect on people,  you get people who enjoy his movies then just some (particularly a lot of critics) who just can't stand the man.

Most Wanted - I guess Jack and Jill and 8 Crazy Nights. For some smaller roles I'll go with Shakes The Clown, Mixed Nuts and Dirty Work.
4 - Sylvester Stallone (41)

All 3 faces of Planet Hollywood make it into the list. Sylvester Stallone on the whole tend to range from excellent, good  but fun, bad but  fun and bad just bad, he runs quite a full spectrum that a lot of other actors don't.

Most Wanted - I think Rebel (aka No Place To Hide) is the only role I need of his that is until Expendables 2 comes out.
3 - Seth Green (41)

Seth Green still looks really young but he's been working an incredibly long time, it seems he works hard because he seems to have so many things on the go. Seth Green is actually very realistic to sometime become the number one (though he ten behind on this list).

Most Wanted - staying away from Family Guy and Robot Chicken, I'll stick with movies such as Horror In The Attic, Can't Hardly Wait and Idle Hands.
2 - Phil Hartman (45)

The late, great Phil Hartman makes it until second place. The hugely talented comic actor had his career cut short in tragic circumanstances. I have been a fan for a long time of SNL alumni Hartman.

It's a short list of entertainers I miss as much as Phil Hartman.

Most Wanted - Well The Crazysitter and Houseguest come to mind, but also Stuart Saves His Family, Quick Change, Three Amigos!, Last Resort, Weekend Pass and CB4.
1 - Frank Welker (51)

With 676 titles listed on his IMDB page, it's no surprise Welker would have placed so highly on the list, he gets number one just for sheer number of strong projects he's worked on.

Most Wanted - Some of the big wants are The Informant, Tank Girl, The Trouble With Girls, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Suburban Commando, Spawn and Jumanji.

That's it! join me in 3 or 6 months, to see how much or how little the list has changed.


These are my predictions for people who could make the list next time round -  Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood and Samuel L. Jackson - there is still a lot of these guys outputs I really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment