Saturday 17 December 2011

DVD and Blu Ray (yes you read that right) Update (04/12/11 - 17/12/11)


Howdy pardners and welcome to the second to last update (I think - my maths isn't the greatest) and what is special about this update is the first BLU RAYS added to my collection, which is somewhat exciting.

Doing Time On Maple Drive - Jim Carrey drama from just before he struck it big with Ace Ventura.

Titanic (2001) - This is the infamous Italian animated kids adaptation of the disaster that killed thousands featuring unlikely coincidences, a rapping dog with sneakers and bad Disney knock-off characters but it's fun to watch in it's audacity.

Dumbo - irony that it arrived in the post at the same time as the animated Titanic adaptation and I used to put in the Titanic disc rather then this classic.

All Quiet On The Western Front (1979) - I've never seen this and it's a remake of a film I really, really like.

Jersey Girl (2004) - This watch Kevin Smith's first foray away from Jay and Silent Bob and the rest of the View Askew universe as it's likeable moments but it's pretty much just an okay film, got it to add to my KS collection.

Minority Report -

The Commitments

The Simpsons Season 11 - The eleventh season is the first season where the series started to falter, there are a number of weak episodes (elf jockey's for one) but it's still funny and even those weak episodes do actually make you laugh.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids - the first film I have saw at cinema at the age of 7 (many kids probably saw their first film at cinema earlier but you gotta remember I lived in Wales until I was 11 pretty far from the nearest cinema)

The Stepford Wives (1975)

What Planet Are You From? - Garry Shandling is an odd person to have in a lead role, The Larry Sanders Show worked even with his odd face and this film does aswell to a point. I liked it it was alright to watch.

Paris, Je T'aime

Rebel Without A Cause

Heartbreak Ridge

Geronimo

Get Carter (1971)

The Big Bang Theory Season 2 - the funniest laugh track sit-com on at the moment, thanks to Jim Parsons' who is always funny as Sheldon.

ER Season 12

Menace II Society

Richard Pryor - Here and Now / Live On The Sunset Strip

Deuce Bigalow - Male Gigolo - with a title that is an oxymoron it's as good as your gonna get with a movie starring Rob Schneider. Fun supporting turn from William Forsythe and a good small role for a pre-SNL Amy Poehler.

Hackers

In The Army Now

Valentine's Day - like Me, Myself and Irene being the first DVD I ever watched, Valentine's Day gets the auspicious honour of being the first Blu Ray I brought (alongside Greenberg) and the first I watched.

Greenberg

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

When In Rome - starring Kristen Bell, which if you seen many of my earlier posts here you know I have a little thing for her and despite this getting some bad reviews I found it fairly charming.

Blackwoods

so there you have it - the last DVD update before Xmas and that.

Bonus Info - not that you have asked for it!

actors and actresses and that who I have got my first titles of (thanks to PVD database what I use it's very easy to see) include -

James Dean - his lack of films is my excuse but I should have at least owned one of his films before now.
Taylor Lautner - can't blame me since I most associate him with the Twilight Saga which I have an aversion too.
Serena Williams and Taylor Swift - a sportswoman and singer respectively now have entries in my database.

SOLD

The Fenn Street Gang Series 1 - got 12 pound for it so thought it was worth selling
London's Burning Series 3 - another DVD I thought would be worth selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment