Friday 9 December 2011

DVD Update (06/11/11 - 19/11/11)

Let's get straight into it, I think there as been a better ratio this fortnight to purchase to getting watched within the two weeks then normal -

1968 Tunnel Rats

Spartan - I got this because of the Kristen Bell connection and I really liked her part which isn't massive but it's a key part and plus I like David Mamet's stuff and Val Kilmer is underrated.

High School High - I think I wrote about Mafia! on here or maybe somewhere else that time as been kinder to that movie because of the lame spoofs of the last few years and I think it's certainly become true about High School High.

Alone In The Dark - The worst Uwe Boll film I've seen so far and that's not to say I didn't enjoy watching it

Deepwater - got it because of Kristen Bell but she's in it minutes. Even though I saw the twist coming a mile off it was still a watchable film and Peter Coyote was great in it.

Chosen One - Legend Of The Raven
Meet The Fockers
The Mystical Adventures Of Billy Owens
Death Becomes Her
The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Season 1
Hulk
Bad Boys (1983)

For Your Consideration - saw this before and have to say I enjoyed it better second time I watched it.

The Fall Of The Roman Empire
Swingers

Machete - what I liked about this movie was it was exactly what I was expecting, mindless bloody violence and the actors clearly having fun, plus Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez looking smoking (and this is somebody who doesn't consider Rodriguez one of his favourites), Lindsay Lohan basically playing herself and Danny Trejo just been cool as fuck.

King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Showtime
War Of The Worlds (2005)

Creepshow 2 - saw this a lot when I was a kid and it's pretty much just as I remember it.

Against The Wind
Permanent Record
F.I.S.T.
Lock Up
Tango & Cash
Darfur

500 Days Of Summer - a bit of a deconstruction of the "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" and Zooey Deschanel is certainly the poster child for MPDG. I really liked this film.

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Far Cry - another Uwe Boll movie and a right kick of his lately and still don't see why he spurns such hate.

Embrace Of The Vampire - it's got Alyssa Milano and it's all sexy and this 1994 movie helped me with my growing up (if you know what I mean)

No comments:

Post a Comment