Thursday 8 December 2011

DVD Update (14/08/2011 - 27/08/2011)

Yo dudes and dudettes (and douche bags), here's another in the fortnightly DVD update. This update includes a lot of unnecessary bad language (mostly some use of the word fuck).

Little Nicky - think this was a flop on release and have seen it get many a negative review but I find it enjoyable.

My Stepmother Is An Alien - something I enjoyed much when I was a youngster.

My Girl -

Target For Rage - there are few made for TV true stories I enjoy but this was one I actively seeked out to get on on DVD

Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon - gifted to me by my Bro after he got the retail release, this is the DeAgostni release which is at the very least a good fucking quality print of the movie.

30 Rock Season 3 - brilliant, brilliant show and before and before getting this DVD I actually hadn't seen any seasons later after the first season, I think that is a bloody disgrace. Getting and watching the 3rd season also goes against me missing seasons.

Forest Warrior - Chuck Norris in a family movie, a little bit older could still kick mine and your arses without breaking a sweat

The Bad Pack - included in the cast is Roddy Piper (among the better wrestler turned actors thanks to his charisma translating from ring to screen well)

Good Guys Wear Black
Tough and Deadly
The Peacekeeper
The Dragon The Master

Firepower - cool and fun little b-actioner made in 1993 and set in a future that's now passed, starring Chad McQueen (who as never displayed the Charisma of his dad Steve), Gary Daniels (wooden put great with his martial arts moves) and professional wrestler The Ultimate Warrior (he is credited by his real name James Hellwig) as the movies villain The Swordsman. Some movies aren't made to win Oscars, some are mean't to be a good ways to enjoy 90s minutes.

Blood, Sweat and Tears

My Cousin Vinny - it's so fucking confusing Marisa Tomei won the best supporting actress oscar for this movie but she is cute.

Manhunter - Brian Cox as Hannibal Lector, about 6 years before Silence Of The Lambs, and I tell you what he's nearly as fucking good as Anthony Hopkins was in The Lambs. The only thing that spoils this movie is the outdated synthesizer score.

Cobra
Twins
Dragonslayer
The Fenn Street Gang Series 1
Daylight
The Dogs Of War
The King Of The Kickboxers
Road House - Deluxe Edition

Batman Forever - I dunno I guess what some of the people complained about B&R was already starting to show here, it moved away from the darkly Gothic setting of Tim Burton's movies and the Bat franchise started to look more marketable

Batman and Robin - the Batman movie that killed the Bat on the big screen for 8 years complete with Bat Nipples. Some of it's visually stunning though if I'm been honest but Mr. Freeze's one liner's are terrible, Bane is reduced to Poison Ivy's sidekick and Alicia Silverstone is just woeful here. Overall it's not the worst fucking movie I've ever seen.

Outland
Hell Comes To Frogtown

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - so much fucking fun. John Vernon the best known actor in this is such much fun as a dickhead cop, and ***SPOILER BEGINS the scene where a clown uses his body as a ventriloquist dummy is genuinely creepy END OF SPOILER***. R1 on the MGM Midnite Movie release, this was the most wanted Midnite Movie for me and now I've got it.

The Silent Force

No comments:

Post a Comment