Sunday 25 December 2011

DVD Update (18/12/11 - 25/12/11) Christmas Day Special

Hey welcome to another DVD update that is only 8 days after the last one, so it's shorter then the normal, there might be another update before 2011 is over with, it all just depends if there is a spending spree before hand. Anyway onto the update -

Shaft In Africa - The only Shaft film I wanted and needed, so it's been of a collection completer here.

50 Pills - Got this because KB (Kristen Bell that's what I'll call her from now on in this update and in future updates) was it, I liked elements of it, KB aswell as the other females especially Monica Keena are good. Worth a watch.

Serious Moonlight - just feels uneven, Meg Ryan has never been too much of an appeal to me to be honest, I wish KB was in in it more but as you've guessed it she was the main reason I brought this.

Sanctimony - Uwe Boll directs, I liked this even though it's admittedly one of those sub-Se7en sort of films, Capser Van Dien who was weak in the brilliant Starship Troopers is still weak here but I was digging the story and all that.

Mad Max - Mel Gibson might have ruined his career after going off the rails big time but that doesn't stop the fact that the Mad Max and Lethal Weapon films are very enjoyable to me.

Logan's Run - so much of it was imprinted into my brain thanks to many references and spoofs and I hadn't actually seen it.

Darkman

Commando - for some reason it took me this long to add to to my Arnie collection but I'm glad to own it because it is great fun one of those quintessential 80s action movies

Rhod Gilbert and The Award Winning Mince Pie

The Last Sentinel - got this because it starred BSGs Katee Sackhoff and she was the big reason.

Cheating Death, Stealing Life - The Eddie Guerrero Story - 99p bargain buy, the doc from 2004 is pretty eerie now with his friend Dean Malenko talking about worrying about hearing Eddie Guerrero been found dead in a hotel room when he was fighting his addictions, and just a year later he was found dead in an hotel room. The doc also feels a bit short now compared to more comprehensive docs since but I still liked it.

The Flint Street Nativity

Frankie Boyle - If I Could Reach Out Through The TV and Strangle You I Would - bit of a rip off here Frankie, what's live here is the stand up bits that where in his Channel 4 series Tramadol Nights

The Robert Altman Collection
Brother Bear
The Simpsons Season 9
California Man

The following where Christmas Presents -

Totally Awesome
Auschwitz
Scream 4
Roman
Naked Space
House Of The Dead
Strange Wilderness
The Simpsons Season 6
The Simpsons Season 7

No comments:

Post a Comment